Call for Programmes
ALONG THE EDGE ARTS FESTIVAL 2022
August 17th-21st, 2022
Along the Edge Arts Festival is about telling stories of people, communities, and things outside of mainstream narratives. It is an annual multidisciplinary festival with diversified activities, including visual arts, dance, drama, music, media arts, film & documentary, workshops, cultural tours, etc. Through the activities, the festival hopes to provoke the public to critically interpret and explore the conditions and meanings of being on the edge.
Our theme for 2022 is FEAR NOT!. Every single one of us struggles with some type of fear. It comes in many forms, all the way from abstract monsters to realistic worries to uncertain futures. Fear sometimes dwells in our thoughts only to keep us safe from danger. Fear sometimes hits us in the workplace, in our families, over finances, with friendships, personal well-being, and world problems. We will look into the stories of individuals or different communities who are wrestling with fear in the spirit of power, love, comfort, courage, care, strength, and hope. This festival attempts to explore a new phase where we can embrace emotion and seek transformation.
For this 5th edition, we are calling for proposals from artists/ arts organizations with works (existing or new; pre-recorded or live during the festival) that fit our theme.In response to the ongoing impact of the travel restriction, the festivals will be taking a blended approach to deliver the festival. We encourage submissions from those who have recently begun engaging with online performance due to the global pandemic, environmental concerns, or any other reason. We are interested in perspectives on how moving to online production has changed the future festival landscape.
The festival will support the selected works in the following ways:
1. To offer both local and international artists a platform to showcase their work and the opportunity for interaction between artists and audience.
2. Inclusion of the performance information in all the festival¡¦s publicity collateral.
3. Exposure at Along the Edge Arts Festival website and its digital channels.
4. Technical requirements for your work will be adapted and adjusted to digital venues (CloudTheatre, Zoom, Facebook Live, Festival Website etc.) of the festival. The festival will not be able to provide other equipment or facilities beyond the technical support.
5. There will be a small funding offered ranging from 200 to 500 USD to support each selected programme. No additional funding will be provided. However, the festival will extend an invitation letter to you for fund application in your home country or city.
The festival would assist in online processing, but it is more ideal for artists/ arts organizations to manage their production. To register, please submit your proposal in the following format to
– Title of Programme
– Type of Programme (Dance, Music, Drama, Visual Arts, Mixed etc.)
– Estimated duration of Programme
– Rationale/ Synopsis of Programme
– Background of Artist(s) and/ or Organization
– Links to images/ videos of the Programme (or earlier works)
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: By May 10th, 2022.
CONFIRMATION: Within 2 weeks of submission
Along the Edge Arts Festival